Supporting the year-end accounting closure, as well as the cost accounting and ... accounting and/or finance software packages; ... Website. This guide is an integral part of the Vacancy Notice and will help you to understand
o Development and application of methods relating to socio-economic analysis in the fields of environment or health; o Regulatory impact assessment using socio-economic analysis (i.e. cost benefit
Vacancy Notice . The European ... Successful completion of secondary education giving access to post ... Oracle Enterprise Manager, System Center Operations Manager
Business Intelligence Platform provides reporting on the corporate data warehouse or directly on the databases of the source systems; Master Data Management manages corporate master data that is data used and referenced by all IT systems and maintain
Vacancy Notice The European Chemicals Agency (ECHA) is launching this call for expressions of interest in ... -The Business Information Systems Unit develops and maintains a portfolio of in-house built software applications and delivers the related s
Vacancy Notice The European Chemicals Agency (ECHA) is launching this call for expressions of interest in ... Successful completion of a full course of university studies attested by a degree, ... Demonstrated ability to develop computer programs or
documents up-to-date in document management systems; Managing incoming and outgoing communications ... _rules_for_the_staff_regulations_contractual_staff_en.pdf
particular, responsible for production of different kinds of video/multimedia products the Agency seeks to produce. In particular, she/he will be responsible for among the following tasks: Providing technical and practical support for preparing diffe
Reference number Vacancy notice Grade ... intelligence and data strategy across a ... The nature of this role is in the centre of ECHA’s IT architecture,
Architecture is a core function for the management of IT in ECHA and at the heart of the IT Governance. It covers software architecture, data architecture, technology management, ... The IT Lead Architect will work with Business (product management)
The European Chemicals Agency (ECHA) is launching this call for expressions of interest in order to establish a reserve list for the following temporary agent profile:
Indicative n° on reserve list
Project Manager Assistant
The closing date and time for submission of applications for this call is Monday 10 September 2012 at noon 12.00 Helsinki time (11.00 Central European Time).
1. The job The Project Manager Assistant will work in the Information Systems Directorate of the Agency in the Management Information Systems Unit. The purpose of the Information Systems Directorate is to contribute to the achievement of the goals and operational objectives of the Agency by ensuring that all Directorates have the ICT infrastructure, the information systems and the support services which are appropriate to carry out their function. The Management Information Systems Unit is responsible for ensuring the adequacy of the software products and user support provided to meet the management needs of the Agency. It focuses on accurate process analysis, thorough software selections, proficient use of products and platforms to build and configure well-tailored solutions, in view of enhancing the effectiveness and the efficiency of the Agency internal processes. The Unit supports the Agency’s strategic focus on the general Enterprise Architecture framework and represents the focal point for methodology and governance of IT processes. As member of the Project Portfolio Office that is part of the Management Information System Unit, the Project Manager Assistant is responsible for supporting the execution and management of several internal IT projects and participates in all organisational activities that relate to the enforcement and further development of the established project governance processes of the Agency.
In particular, she/he will be responsible for the following tasks:
Supporting the creation and execution of project work plans and revising/maintaining them as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements;
Contributing to the day-to-day management and operational aspects related to the execution of IT projects by effectively applying ECHA project management methodologies and enforcing project standards;
Assisting the appointed Project Managers in identifying resources needed for the execution of the projects and gradually taking responsibility over their management by facilitating the assignment of individual tasks, coordinating the team efforts, monitoring the execution of the work, ensuring the timely delivery of all scheduled milestones and respecting of the given budget constraints;
Contributing to the management of contracts and financial resources allocated to the projects by preparing cost estimates, monitoring expenditures and ensuring timely and effective procurement of necessary services in accordance with public procurement procedures;
Assisting the appointed Project Managers in validating the quality of all project deliverables and ensuring that formal acceptance procedures and due quality assurance practices are in use;
Contributing to the monitoring of project risks associated with the projects assigned, devise mitigation plans and establish prompt and efficient reporting and communication mechanisms;
Supporting the coordination and management of external contractors;
Providing the line management in the Agency with timely and accurate reports and updates on issues within his/her sphere of competence;
Working closely together with other units to ensure efficient and seamless interdepartmental cooperation at all levels;
2. Eligibility criteria The selection procedure is open to applicants who satisfy the following eligibility criteria, on the closing date for application:
2.1. General requirements The applicant must:
Be a national of a Member State of the European Union, or a national of the European Economic Area (Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway) 1 ;
Enjoy your full rights as a citizen;
Have fulfilled any obligations imposed by the laws concerning military service;
Produce the appropriate character references as to your suitability for the performance of your duties 2 ;
Be physically fit to perform your duties 3 ;
Have a thorough knowledge of one of the languages of the European Union 4 and a satisfactory knowledge of another language to the extent necessary to perform your duties;
Be able to communicate in English as this is the working language of ECHA.
2.2. Qualifications a. Successful completion of post-secondary level education attested by a diploma Or b. Successful completion of secondary education giving access to postsecondary education and at least three years professional experience. Only qualifications issued by EU Member State authorities or EEA authorities and qualifications recognized as equivalent by the relevant EU or EEA Member State authorities will be accepted.
The Member States of the European Union are: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, The Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, United Kingdom.
Before appointment, successful applicants will be required to produce an official document showing that they do not have a criminal record.
Before appointment, successful applicants will be requ ired to undergo a medical examination to ensure that they fulfil the requirements of Article 28(e) of the Staff Re gulations of the Officials of the European Communities.
The languages of the EU are: Bulgarian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Estonian, Finnish, French, Irish, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Maltese, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish and Swedish. Annankatu 18, P.O. Box 400, FI-00121 Helsinki, Finland | Tel. +358 9 686180 | Fax +358 9 68618210 | echa.europa.eu
2.3. Professional experience To qualify for this profile (AST 4) you must have total professional experience 5 of at least six (6) years acquired after achieving the minimum requirements stated out in 2.2.a) or 2.2.b). At least four (4) years of your total professional experience must be relevant professional experience e in the fields listed in the section 1. 6 Professional activity in any of the following areas of work shall be considered relevant professional experience6:
Management of medium to large IT projects for the development of custom tailored software systems;
Management of IT projects targeting the deployment of software packages, enterprise level, their evolution and further maintenance;
Involvement in software engineering and/or software architecture tasks in software development projects.
3. Selection criteria If you meet the eligibility criteria set out in section 2, you will be assessed on the basis of the following selection criteria. The candidates who are judged to be the most suitable on the basis of the selection criteria will be invited to an interview.
Your academic qualifications and their relevance to the main areas of work listed in section 1;
Preference will be given to qualifications obtained in the following fields: o o o o o
Computer science Engineering Mathematics Economics Business Administration
Your professional experience: the range of fields covered; the type and level of work done and its relevance to the areas of work listed in section 1;
Only professional experience acquired after achieving the minimum qualification stated in 2.2 shall be considered. Where additional periods of training and study are accompanied by periods of professional activity, only the latter shall be considered as professional experience. Compulsory military service or equivalent civilian service accomplished after the achieving the minimum qualification stated in 2.2. shall be taken into consideration. Professional activities pursued part-time shall be calculated pro rata, on the basis of the percentage of full-time hours worked. A given period may be counted only once.
Relevant experience should be described in ECHA CV Annankatu 18, P.O. Box 400, FI-00121 Helsinki, Finland | Tel. +358 9 686180 | Fax +358 9 68618210 | echa.europa.eu
The followings will be considered as assets:
Professional qualifications in public procurement, contract management and outsourced development demonstrated by formal certifications, vocational education and trainings;
Project Management professional qualification demonstrated accreditation/certification (e.g. Prince2, PMI, SCRUM).
The academic and professional qualifications, professional experience and knowledge and experience considered as an asset must be described in the ECHA CV 7 .
4. Interview If selected for interview, you will be assessed in the interview on the basis of the following criteria:
Knowledge and understanding in your areas of experience that are most relevant to the tasks set out in section 1; Understanding of the role and aims of ECHA in relation to the REACH and Biocides legislations; Ability to communicate effectively in written and spoken English;
Ability to work effectively in a multidisciplinary team in a multicultural and multilingual environment;
Aptitude for negotiation and consensus building;
Strong customer and service orientation;
Pro-activeness, efficiency and ability to learn new areas.
Your ability to communicate in written English and the knowledge and competencies related to the job will be also assessed by practical tests.
5. Placement on the reserve list If you are judged to be among the most suitable candidates, on the basis of the criteria listed in sections 2, 3 and 4, you will be placed on the reserve list. The reserve list will be valid for a period of two years. During the validity of the reserve list, successful candidates may be offered a post in ECHA according to their competencies in relation to the specific requirements of the vacant post. Inclusion on the reserve lists does not imply any entitlement of employment in the Agency.
6. Applications Before applying, you should carefully read the Guide of Applicants 8 published on ECHA Website. This guide is an integral part of the vacancy notice and will help you to understand the rules governing the procedure and how to apply. All interested candidates are invited to apply by filling in the following two documents:
ECHA CV 9 : This document is available in two different formats: .doc format (http://echa.europa.eu/documents/10162/17100/echa_cv_en.doc) and .pdf format (http://echa.europa.eu/documents/10162/13602/echa_cv_en.pdf)
7. Other information Successful applicants may be offered an employment contract for five years as temporary agent. This contract may be renewed for a definite period. If renewed for a second time, the contract becomes indefinite. For more information on the selection process of temporary agents and on the contractual and working conditions, please, refer to:
Guide for Applicants: http://echa.europa.eu/documents/10162/13602/general_guide_for_applicants_en.p df
Conditions of employment of Other Servants of the European Communities: http://eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/site/en/consleg/1962/R/01962R003120060701-en.pdf
8. Protection of personal data The European Chemicals Agency will ensure on its part that your personal data is processed as required by Regulation (EC) No 45/2001 11 on the protection of personal data. For more information on the protection of personal data, please consult the Guide for Applicants 12 .